Prairie Artisan Ales is opening a new brewery, taproom, and collaborative art space in downtown Oklahoma City that will become the face of the Prairie brand. We operate a 50bbl production facility about 2 hours southeast of Oklahoma City that currently supplies beer to the 23 states and 30 countries where Prairie is currently found. The new Oklahoma City location will be a 3bbl system that will allow us to create new beers and experiment with new ideas. Located in the Automobile Alley district of downtown OKC, this facility will feature a 100 seat taproom and artist’s work space allowing our fans insight to all things Prairie Artisan Ales. Our location is blocks from the home of the Oklahoma City Thunder, and situated between all of OKC’s most popular entertainment districts.
Preferred Brewing Specific Skills:
- 2+ years commercial brewing experience strongly preferred, as a brewer, preferably at a brewery with comparable unique, interesting and boundary pushing beers.
- Ability to create new, unique recipes and or processes on demand, as well as produce existing recipes to exacting specs with strict adherence to established SOP provided by the Brewmaster.
- Experience with barrel filling, blending, and racking. Experience with mixed culture fermentation and Kettle Souring.
- Yeast harvesting and management.
- Raw ingredient and supplies ordering/receiving/inventory and management.
- Ability to maintain equipment and keep a clean working environment.
- Prioritizing and focusing on multiple tasks environment.
- Meticulously maintain comprehensive and accurate daily records.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction and supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Make critical decisions independently with exceptional problem solving skills and own the results.
- Fermentation Management and daily tracking
- Knowledge of brew house operations including keg washing, keg racking, bottling, bottle conditioning, fermenter, brite tank and serving tank cleaning/sanitation.
- Experience with cleaning chemicals & MSDS sheets
- Willingness to and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent attendance & timeliness.
- A creative thinker with a strong drive to keep learning. Possess the work ethic, organizational skills, mechanical aptitude and passion to push the boundaries in every possible way.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs. and perform strenuous work all day. Prolonged standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling is often required.
- Mechanical aptitude. Respect for top quality equipment & tools.
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (pallet jack, forklift, hand truck).
- Can perform tasks with little or no supervision.
- Strong people skills and a desire to share knowledge during tours and public events.
Full time, year round, salary position. 401K Savings plan, Medical benefits, vacation pay.
Please send resumes to [email protected]