Prairie Tulsa GM
Position: Prairie Tulsa General Manager
Location: Prairie Tulsa - Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full Time
Krebs Brewing Co. has an exciting new career opportunity for a taproom general manager based in Tulsa. The Prairie Brewpub opened in the Brady Arts District of Tulsa in May of 2016. The original concept was a full service bar and restaurant featuring 20 taps and a small on-site brewery. The focus was as much on upscale comfort food, as it was on craft cocktails, beer, and wine. This identity served us well, but with the recent pandemic, things have changed in the restaurant industry, and we will change along with it. The new model will focus more on the beer brewed in house while still serving a small menu of quality food items. Prairie Artisan Ales is a world class brewery, and we want to bring that focus and attention to the Tulsa Brewpub. This is an exciting opportunity to help relaunch and rethink what the Tulsa Brewpub can be.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and opportunities for growth and advancement. Please visit our website at prairieales.com and complete our application and supplemental questionnaire if you would like to be considered for this position.
- Brings boundless ideas to the table and is the creative force both in the kitchen and the brewery.
- Collaborates with brewery staff and ownership to develop a new identity and new direction for Prairie Brewpub.
- Will hire, train, and continually develop bar staff to provide industry leading service and guest experiences.
- Requires organizational skills for proper staffing levels, scheduling, event planning, and product launch.
- Evaluates the financial aspects of the Brewpub, such as budgets, expenditures, cost of goods, and labor costs.
- Constantly researches the trends in craft beer and hospitality and develops strategies to keep up with and set those trends.
The ideal candidate
- Will be a creative problem solver that is able to make great use of available resources.
- Thrives in a work environment without well defined rules and processes but will also be willing to consult with company leadership to align goals and objectives.
- Will be able to manage a staff of bartenders, kitchen staff, and brewery staff to create a fun and collaborative environment with high standards for service and quality.
- At least three years of experience in restaurant or bar management
- Experience with Aloha POS systems, both front of house and back of house
- Knowledge of brewing process and practices