DIRECTOR OF SALES
The Director of Sales is charged with increasing the sales of our beer throughout our distribution network. The Director of Sales will be tasked with developing and directing a sales team to achieve our objectives. This position also includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, securing new distribution in existing and new top accounts, and working closely with the distributor network to maintain/develop all accounts. The Director of Sales will report to Senior Company Leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop a comprehensive sales plan for our beer that includes pricing analysis, revenue targets, target retailers, and sales team activities.
• Refine our sales strategy to best position our brand in the marketplace.
• Prepare and present regular sales reports to the sales team and senior management.
• Work closely with the other senior company leadership to set distributor goals in advance of the annual distributor sales planning process
• Work with distributors to gather the necessary information to assist senior management on internal planning, forecasting, and inventory management.
• Ensure our beer is represented consistently with our branding in all markets and accounts.
• Guide sales team to develop key accounts in collaboration
• Manage chain execution with National Accounts Manager for Territory
• Quarterly evaluation of each distributor in your territory
• Weekly work-withs in focus markets with KBC brand ambassadors, distributor sales managers, and account reps
• Conduct distributor sales meetings monthly with agenda
• Challenge the status quo with distributors and retailers
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for incremental volume at the local and regional level
• Achieve distributor goals set for in the annual distributor sales plan
• Make decisions with KBC’s core values and core focus in mind.
• Identify sales team needs and implement the hiring and management of territory sales representative team
• Direct and oversee the daily operations of the territory sales team
• Participate in hiring and disciplinary procedures with human resources and other staff members
• Maintain and improve existing training for all sales team members
• Set objectives with quantifiable outcomes and defined timelines for each sales team member.
• Conduct regular performance reviews with all direct reports to assess performance.
• Create and maintain an adaptable team that is dedicated to the organization and that turns knowledge into innovation to deliver great customer and consumer experiences
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• At least three years of beverage/consumer goods selling experience (preferred) and prior management experience
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be a great listener
• Experience with Google suite, VIP, and Ekos
• Strong persuasion skills
• Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week, and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
• Must currently reside in Oklahoma or be willing to relocate.
We offer competitive pay and a very impressive benefits package for full time employees which includes fully paid health, dental, life, short term disability and long term disability insurance. We also have paid leave and a retirement plan.