Director of Production
Position: Director of Production
Location: Krebs Brewing Co. - McAlester, OK
Job Type: Full Time
Krebs Brewing Company, the maker of Prairie Artisan Ales and Choc Beer, is a regional craft brewery located in Oklahoma. We stay adaptable by being team focused and dedicated to the organization while turning knowledge into innovation and creating great customer and consumer experiences. We strive to create a legacy of creativity and well-being by delighting with cool beer.
The ideal candidate for this position will embrace these values and goals. We currently operate a 50,000 sq ft production facility in McAlester, Oklahoma and 100 seats innovation brewery taproom in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Our 2020 production grew to over 15,000 barrels shipped making us the 5th fastest growing regional brewer in America. We are on pace to ship well in excess of 20,000 barrels in 2021. Our beer consistently ranks as some of the best in the world.
The Director of Production is responsible for ensuring safe, sanitary, and efficient operation of all production departments in order to ensure timely delivery of world class beer to our customers. The position reports directly to the company President. The position directly manages the heads of the brewing, cellar, packaging, warehouse, quality control, maintenance and research departments.
Essential Job Functions
• Direct and oversee the daily operations of the brewhouse, cellar, packaging, warehouse, research and development, and quality control
• Work with senior management on production planning and forecasting
• Develop and maintain product production schedules
• Maintain a high standard of facility cleanliness and organization
• Identify and address opportunities to increase operational efficiency
• Create and ensure standard operating procedures (SOP) are followed and improved upon
• Make decisions with KBC’s vision traction organizer (VTO) in mind.
Facility and Staff Management
• Participate in hiring and disciplinary procedures with human resources and other staff members
• Maintain and improve existing training for all production staff members
• Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports
• Create and maintain an adaptable team that is dedicated to the organization and that turns knowledge into innovation to deliver great customer and consumer experiences.
• Coordinate repairs and maintenance of brewery equipment and facilities
Material Sourcing and Handling
• Oversee key sourcing of raw materials and maintain supplier relationships
• Maintain inventory storage and ordering of raw materials and finished goods
• Manage raw materials to ensure best pricing and adequate supply to meet demand
Record Keeping and Reporting
• Ensure all production data is correctly and timely entered into Ekos
• Prepare weekly and monthly production, quality and budgetary reports
• Ensure all federal and state brewery production reporting requirements are completed
Product Development and Quality
• Work with management to develop recipes and processes for new products
• Oversee tight quality control standard throughout the brewery to ensure standards are met
• Ensure proper yeast handling systems are in place
• Ensure lab product quality measurements are being taken
• Implement and oversee the sensory tasting panel
• Take responsibility for quality and consistency of finished product
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• At least three years of experience in a leadership role at a production beverage company
• Degree in brewing science or related field is preferred
• Experience with quality control lab procedures
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with production forecasting, scheduling, and management
• Ability to train, motivate and inspire team members
• Experience with Google suite and Ekos
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to lift at least 100 (lbs.) pounds, stand for long periods of time, able to bend, and work in a loud, hot, and quick paced environment.
• Forklift certification or ability to become certified
We offer highly competitive pay and a very impressive benefits package which includes fully paid health, dental, life, short term disability and long term disability insurance. We also have paid leave and a retirement plan.